Monday, February 2, 2009

Sssst

It’s 6.12am on Sunday in the cold Knoxville TN, I tried to sleep in but my brain is too busy thinking of what I need to do today. I have to say that my brain often works too fast from the rest of my body.


I guess many of us feel the same. A student of mine complained one day, she found difficulty in her impromptu speech. “I found my brain and lips worked differently, one moved faster than the other, it made me really frustrated”. She said, when she explained her experience having to speak in front of the class with only 5 minutes preparation.


I totally understand that because I feel the same way most of the time. It seems there are two sides of me, communicating inside me. If I chose my brain, I often sound philosophical and confusing. If I let my lips uttered any words, it might sound too silly. Yet, both are the tools for us to communicate. If we’re lucky, we can unite the two instruments. However, many times we chose to be silent to prevent misunderstanding. Those who live overseas probably know what I’m saying.


I guess that’s why many people chose writing. I might have to do the same. Maybe I should start with blogging. I’ve always against this for a long time because I like privacy but I guess the online world dictated different definition on privacy.


Ssst… I need to turn off the debate on my brain. I don’t even want to think what language I should write or whether I should edit beforehand. It’s time to write. Maybe it’s not too late to blog, at least it creates a space to practice my awful writing J

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment