Monday, February 2, 2009

Go Vols


It’s 8.30pm, the wind blows, cold…. I wrapped myself with different colors of clothing; white, red, blue, green and colorful scarf and walked briskly to the library to meet a friend for basketball game.


Sialan… I cursed myself with my native language, once again I made a mistake in choosing the right colors of my outfit especially because I sit on the third row L Luckily, it’s a great game, right from the beginning. Our team won over the Gators and we’re all too busy cheering for the Orange.


As I watched the black, white and orange in the sea of audience in the huge Thompson Boling, I realize that Orange is not such a bad color. I’ve been here in UT, but have no single attire from the Volunteers. Don’t get me wrong, I love my school but for others it might sound that I don’t. A friend of mine said that people should stop talking about the old school for at least 3 years in order to embrace the new school.


This is the third year I’m away from Ohio University, where I did my master. Yet, I continue to talk about it. As I went home, thinking, I thought of what she said. It’s the last year of my school and I probably leave anytime soon. It’s the time for me to boast that I’m a Volunteer and I should boast it with a new Orange shirt .

No comments:

Post a Comment